I mean, I know it is essentially a smoothie. BUT, come on! It’s just so much prettier and more fun to eat it with a spoon.
You can’t, mmk?
- 1/2 cup light almond milk (I use silk)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon creamy almond-coconut butter (this is hands down my newest obsession)
- Literally any toppings you want (fruit, chia seeds, unsweetened coconut are my favorite… obvs)
- Add milk, spinach, berries, banana and almond butter to blender
- Blitz until smooth (you can always add a bit more liquid if you need to)
- Top with all the other delicious stuff and enjoy!
Don’t discount chia seeds on here until you try it- they have fiber, protein and tons of other nutrients! Give them a try.
Guys- I’ve been reading a lot of stuff online of people knocking smoothies (that they are full of calories and sugar)…. well they can be unhealthy if you make them that way! Avoid added sugar if you can- they are much healthier that way and can still taste delicious.