Overnight oats are one of my favorite go-to breakfasts- its seriously the easiest thing to prep and pretty freaking good. I’m just all about easy- really. When you don’t have to think about what to grab for breakfast on the way out of the house, you’ll avoid junk food (usually) because you can’t use the excuse that nothing is ready. Plus- it usually keeps me full until lunch and I know I’m getting some goodness in (can help lower risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes!)
Now doesn’t that look yum?!
Recipe is from Pinch of Yum
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flaxmeal
- Pinch of salt
- Toppings (I love to top this with fruit!)
- In a seal-able container, add ingredients in the order listed (except for toppings). Do not mix. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir up the oatmeal and add the toppings.
- Done! (See, wasn’t that easy?)
Try to sweeten this bowl with fruit and agave- keep it as natural as possible. Adding extra sugar kinda defeats the purpose, so don’t go overboard if you have to add some sugar 🙂