Hi my friends, it is Friday and I have 2 amazing breakfast recipes for you to try out (🙌🏼) and I’m pretty sure you are going to love them. Breakfast can be one of the hardest meals of the day at least in my opinion especially if you are in a rush. When I was working full time back in Utah I would hit snooze at least twice and when I finally got out of bed I would then be stuck with something that was not super healthy…. I’m talking high in sugar usually and a super low nutrient density.
If I were to do that time over again, I would make it more of a priority to fuel myself with BETTER foods first thing. I can say now that there is almost nothing like starting your day with a filling and healthy breakfast. When I start my days better I find that I just make healthier food choices throughout the rest of the day. I know I am definitely not perfect, but I can say that eating better breakfasts have helped me lose weight (if you missed it on my last Progress post, I am back down to my pre-baby weight) I still have some more weight to lose, but ultimately healthy breakfasts are key to doing that!
Let’s Eat Breakfast
Here are a couple of my go-to weight loss breakfasts these days (don’t forget to follow my instastories @eatglitterallday to see more of what I am cookin’ up!)
1. Mango Sticky Quinoa
- 1 can of Coconut Milk, unshaken and unmixed
- 1 tsp Sugar (or to taste)
- 1 ripe Mango, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup dry Quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Flax Seeds (optional) or Sesame Seeds
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the thick white cream off of the top and add to a saucepan. Add the sugar and warm on low heat until melted into a syrup consistency.
- In a new saucepan add the coconut oil and the rinsed quinoa.
- Measure out the rest of the coconut water (from the can of coconut milk) and add water until you get 1.5 cups of liquid. Add the liquid to the quinoa saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 12-15 minutes (keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn).
- Spoon quinoa into 2 bowls. Top each with 1/2 of the mango. Pour the reserved coconut syrup on top of each serving. Top with flax seed as desired.
2. Hemp Smoothie Bowl
- 1.25 cups of almond milk or 2% milk
- 1/2 avocado, peeled
- 1 large frozen banana, broken up into chunks (I like to cut mine up before freezing)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp powder
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- A few ice cubes
- Toppings (optional of course): Homemade Granola, Dark Chocolate, Bananas, Pumpkin Seeds, Flax Seeds
- Add the almond milk to a blender first and then add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth (add more milk if necessary to get your desired consistency).
- Top with whatever your little heart desires!
I hope you guys all have a fantastic weekend and that you make lots of healthy choices 😉 I’m going to go for a walk today with my guys, do some Tracy Anderson (of course!) and then teach U-Jam tomorrow morning. I can’t wait!