I wanted to try a little something different this week for breakfast. I am trying to wake up a little earlier (I pretty much always sleep later than I want to) and I really wanted to look forward to something in the am… ya know, to help get my booty out of bed! I thought this was worth a try. I super puffy heart love acai bowls and I have been looking forever for some powder on sale… I finally found some! It’s still pretty pricey, but a 28-oz bag should last a long while… I hope haha.
This breakfast is so dreamy- delicious, refreshing and just pretty. I felt like I had a gourmet breakfast today!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons acai powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Toppings: sliced banana, granola, coconut, agave/honey, any fresh fruit you have on hand
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked dried coconut
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a food processor, combine the almonds and pecans and pulse a few times to break them up. Don’t over process. Dump the nuts int a large bowl and add the oats and coconut.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla and salt over low heat and heat, stirring gently, until the butter and sugar melt. Pour the butter mixture over the oats mixture and fold in with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Pour the granola out onto the prepared baking sheet and spread in an even layer. Pat it gently with a rubber spatula so you will have nice chunks when you break it up. Bake, without stirring, for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
I store my granola in the fridge so that it lasts longer- this makes a pretty big batch!
P.S. You won’t even be a little bit mad that you made this granola. Its easy to make and husband approved.